Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Thing 7 - Pinterest and Educlipper

I just have to say that I love Pinterest!  I have had an account for two years and love, love, love using it!  At first when I started pinning items, I was looking for things for decorating and cooking.  As I have had an account though, my focus has switched to finding more items for my professional development.  I focus on finding items that I can use in my media center and ways to enhance my teaching.  Pinterest is an excellent way for me to find practical ideas that can be implemented the next day in my classroom.  I follow many people with similar ideas/likes as mine, so it helps me to curate those new pins.  One of my goals for the summer is to organize my School Ideas board and my Library Ideas board to focus my ideas on those boards a little more.

One thing I have not done with Pinterest is share it with students or staff.  I think there are many great ideas of sharing books/authors/content/artifacts/etc... with students.  In addition, I could organize some iPad resources/digital citizenship/Web 2.0 tools with staff.  I will be adding it to my to-do list this summer.

I love that I can access Pinterest from all of my devices.  I find that when I have down time, Pinterest is one of my first choices to explore.

Here are my Pinterest boards

To try something new for this blogging adventure, I found my username and password for an Educlipper account that I had set up about a year ago.  I gave it another try, but just found that I liked Pinterest better.  They are very similar tools, but I am use to the Pinterest format and it was easier for me to navigate around the Pinterest site.  I think over the summer though I would like to work with Educlipper a little more to see if I can navigate the ins and outs and maybe share with staff in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment