Friday, April 11, 2014

Thing 6 -- Creating and Editing Docs

Google Docs is my creating and editing docs app of choice, so these app choices were all new to me today!  I really liked the look of the look of CloudOn, but our version of Microsoft at school is the 2008 version, so I assumed it would not work with the app.  Instead I decided to try out Quickoffice and I was glad I tried it.  I loved the fact that in synced with my Google account.  It was easy to find my documents and start editing them on the iPad.  The directions of how to use the various applications were helpful.  The Word document had a very similar look to the Google Doc app which I use on a daily basis.  The presentation was a little more challenging to use, but again the directions handout was very useful. I also couldn't see how to add a video, but maybe if I play around with it more to find that option.

I think this app has some value and I think I will be sharing with staff.  Even though we are moving away from Microsoft in our district, many teachers still have hundreds of documents in Microsoft format.  This might ease the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment