Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 23- Evaluation of 23 Mobile Things

As a whole I thought this program was a great idea.  Many of the suggestions for the Things I had heard about already or even used, but it was opportunity for me to explore them a little more and see how I might share them with staff and students this next school year.  I also appreciate all the little tips and videos that were included with many of the apps.  I will be referring to many of these yet this summer.  The 23 things at first seemed like a lot to dive into, but at the same time you covered all of the major areas when we think of using mobile devices.  I know I had started strong earlier this spring, but it took me the first week of summer vacation to really get going on trying all of these apps.  I know many people don't like deadlines, but for me having a deadline to finish so many apps (like the first 5, 10 etc...) by would have pushed me to finish this earlier.  Getting me to start blogging was a big bonus of this program as well!  A little more interaction with others participating might have been nice as well.

I would love to participate in this program again.  Participating in events like these encourage me to try things that I have put as a low priority (though they should not be) and get me thinking about how to integrate technology in the classroom in a meaningful way!  The ideas for integrating these apps are percolating right now and I am excited to share/use many of them this fall! Thanks for creating use a fun and useful 23 Mobile Things event!

No comments:

Post a Comment