Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 13- Presentations: Haiku Deck

As Google continues to improve their products, Google presentations is still not a choice on the iPad.  Viewing the presentations is always in option, but editing it typically not an option.  Teachers and students in our school are always looking for a presentation option.  Haiku Deck seemed like an interesting choice for me to try.  One of the things I really like about this presentation app is that it limits the number of characters that can be used on any slide.  Too often students add more text than is necessary.  The ability to search for Creative Commons images is also a plus.  As we continue to teach students about what images can be used in their work this app can assist in that conversation with students.

I created this simple Haiku Deck presentation in a few short minutes.  The ability to share the final presentation is also a great feature.  This app will be added to my list for students and staff to explore and use in the fall!  I also think I could create reminders about what is going on in the media center, book reviews, contests, and book club promotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment