Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 11- Library & Reference: ELM Mobile

As we prepare for our students to get iPads this fall, this was a great find for me.  I wasn't aware that ELM came in a mobile form.  Currently I link the ELM sites on my school's website, and a few of the teachers in the building have students explore these sites.  I am not sure how often students are using these databases, but I think I will incorporate this site into my media center orientation this fall.  With the ability to make a homescreen button on the iPads, this will be a good button to have all students create.  Credible and accurate resources at students' fingertips will be a great service to provide for our middle school students.  In addition, I am working on creating various resources for teachers to explore this summer and adding this to the list will remind teachers of these great databases to have students integrate into their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment