Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 12- Books, Books, and More Books

The app I explored for this Thing was the YALSA Teen Book Finder.  This is one I have had on my devices in the past, but I had not used it a great deal.  The video you included on the page about the app was helpful.  I didn't realize that it would find the book for you in your area so it could by checked out.  I also had not explored the social media options within this app.  The lists it will provide for students is very helpful.  Too often I students come in asking for a good book, but not knowing what they have liked in the past.  This app could maybe assist me in helping me find books for them as well.  I could show them the list under a certain genre and say, "Have you read any of these titles?"  Then we could begin searching the stacks for the next book.
Again with our students having iPads and other devices that they bring to school, this is one more app that I can share with them to help them find great books to read.  This will be on my list for media center orientation as well.  Our homeroom program centers around reading, so this will be a good app to share with staff as they sometimes struggle to assist their homeroom students with finding good reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment