Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 18 - Education: Show of Hands

From this list I had tried many of the apps, but one I had not looked at yet was Show of Hands.  By the description, I thought that this would be a perfect addition to the classroom, but after trying it out, I am not so sure.  The rating on the Apple App Store said 12+ and if I was going to use this in the classroom, I would want to make sure I am previewing what some of the polls are for the day.  It appears that anyone can ask anything, so as a teacher I would want to be aware of questionable polls.

One of the polls I found was this....


What I found most interesting is all the statistics a person could get from people participating in the poll.  I tried several and it seems like the creator of the poll can ask for various forms of statistics back on those participating in the poll.  Again this is a great tool if as a teacher I could have a little more control over what might appear as the next poll on the list!

Quizlet I love!  I have used this app and website with students for the past 3 years.  It is great to see them engage with the vocabulary words being discussed in class.   Quizlet is something that both students and teachers should try throughout the year.  Teachers can show students how to create their own lists or create the list so students can work with the words
Here is one of the lists I have made:

Human Rights Vocabulary List







No comments:

Post a Comment