Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 15 - Infographics; Infographics Hub

Last year, I created a few infographics with various Web 2.0 tools, but I had not explored the world of infographics, so I was happy to try out the Infographics Hub app.  Here is what I discovered though..... it didn't work.  I tried it at home several times and went into school today and nothing would load?

I then switched to info.Graphic and it worked, but I can't say that I was overly impressed.  I thought the app ran very slow and I tried it in two different wi-fi locations.  I also don't love apps that have adds running across the bottom, but for the most part the ads seemed pretty tame.  A good educational use of this app might be just to have students explore the different infographics before creating their own.  These examples would show students the variety of possibilities for displaying their research on an infographic.  For the most part I think I will stick to the Web 2.0 tools like easel.ly or Piktochart which I have used in the past.

Here is the infographic that I found on info.Graphic which I thought I was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment